Sunday Left-over Risotto
30 mins cooking time
- ready rice
- vegetable oil
- Worcester sauce
- stock cube
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- chopped onion
- any leftover meat from a Sunday roast
- any leftover vegetables
- apple sauce or stuffing if possible
- tomato puree
- grated cheese to serve
- Fry the onion and bacon in a little oil until soft.
- Add a tablespoon of the tomato puree and blend in.
- Add the rice and any cooked leftover vegetables.
- Cut the meat into cubes and add to the mixture.
- Pour over enough stock to cover and add Worcester sauce to taste.
- Simmer for half an hour until thoroughly hot, the meat is heated through and stock has evaporated.
- Serve with a sprinkle of grated cheese.