Roast Beef Sundae
- 800g sliced cooked Beef (leftover from Sunday lunch would be perfect) or strips of your favourite steak
- 500g Potatoes (for mash)
- 100g butter
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- A little flour
- A little cream whipped with some horseradish sauce through
- 1/2 litre gravy or jus
1. Make the mashed potato by peeling and boiling the potatoes, mashing and adding the butter and seasoning, keep warm
2. Chop half the large onion and slice the other half
3. Take 4 cherry tomatoes out and put to one side. With the rest toss in a little butter and chopped onion or oil until they start to break up, keep warm.
4. If using raw steak fry in a little oil until just cooked, add a little gravy to make moist. If using leftover roast beef slice and warm in a little gravy
5. Warm the 4 cherry tomatoes in the oven, Toss the sliced onions in flour and deep fry until crispy
6. Build the sundaes by piping mashed potato, then a spoon of tomatoes followed by the beef in gravy
7. Repeat until the sundae glass is full finishing with piped mashed potato. Finish with horseradish cream, crispy onions and top with a warmed cherry tomato.